Thursday, January 13, 2011

Routines

I have heard kids are big on routines. Well, Casey and I have a standard one I'd like to share. It's kinda random, and don't really know how it started. But he digs it, and that's whats important. Every night, as we head upstairs to get ready for bed, Casey climbs 2 or 3 stairs... and sits down. I sit 1 or 2 stairs below him, and start saying, 'beep, beep, beep' while I rotate my torso backwards, closing in on him. He lets me 'smush' him, until he uses his arms and legs to push me away... at which point I take an exaggerated fling forward and do it again... After a few iterations, I ask him if he wants to race... and we both get on all fours, and crawl up the remainder of the stairs...

I don't know how long this tradition is going to last, but I enjoy it almost as much as he does, and will look back on these days fondly when he 'outgrows' it...

Untitled from p wang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment