Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ass-gasket

Last night, in the middle of his swim lesson, Casey looks at me sitting besides the pool and says, "I have to go potty". I thought, wow, he's making progress. I have been told, ( and I must admit, it makes sense), that the first step in potty training is when they know AHEAD of time the sensation of having to go. So, I get him out of the pool, hustle him to the bathroom. I struggle to take off his swim diaper.. I'm getting nervous, like the bomb squad trying to diffuse a bomb. I don't know how much time I have, I can only assume bladder (and bowel) control is a more advanced topic that comes later on in potty training. I clean off the toilet seat for him and get ready to set him on there.. He says, "No Daddy, I want paper"... He's pointing at the dispenser on the wall. Quizzically, I ask him, "You want an ass-gasket?" He sure did! I set out the gasket, and sat him down... Nothing. After about 2 seconds, he says "I'm done." Nothing happened. Maybe he has stage fright... I don't know. It was a false alarm, but I'm OK with that. No harm, no foul. Next time it might not be a dud, it just might be a live bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment