Tuesday, September 28, 2010

American As Apple Pie

Recently, I was able to fulfill a dream. Ever since, well, before Casey was born, I thought one of the coolest thing about being a daddy would be to goto sporting events with my son. Some of my memories of my childhood involve my dad taking me to games. He took me to see Pele play soccer. He took me to see the Harlem Globetrotters. And he took me to see baseball games. I also remember one time my big brother promised to take me to a baseball game too. On the day of the game, I was so excited, only to have my brother cancel on me... cause he had a date! With a girl.. EWWWW, she probably had cooties... Anyhow, I digress.

Back on track. On a recent visit to see Nai-Nai and Ye-Ye, I got to take Casey to his first baseball game. But that's not even the best part. Nai-Nai and Ye-Ye rallied and came too! So Casey got to experience his first ever baseball game with his daddy and his grandpa! (Oh, and mommy and grandma too). I think Casey had a great day. Honestly, I think his highlights were the train ride to the stadium, and the stairs and waterfall at Petco Park. What could be better than a baseball with your dad and grandpa. It's as American as apple pie!

We got Casey all dressed in his Padres outfit and took him to Petco Park. He got a tour around the stadium, and we visited the 'Park in the Park'. When he gets a little older, I'm sure he will be more active in the Park.

Casey's first trolley ride:
With Nai-Nai and Ye-Ye at Petco Park. His FIRST baseball game!Casey, in the 'Park at the Park'

Daddy and his son at his first baseball gameIn his Padres jersey, Casey is pointing at the waterfall.
Family portait in front of the Petco Park waterfall.

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, this was our first time to Petco Park to see a game. Thanks to Casey, we had a great time. The last baseball game I saw was Phil playing little league! Nai Nai

    ReplyDelete
  2. the little guy looks great in his jersey. sweet looking park, and perfect weather. nice day for memories. did he want to play baseball - swing the club, throw the ball around after the trip?

    ReplyDelete