Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prunes?

I just got done feeding Casey. I have to say, he's (we're) getting much better. Or at least more efficient. Far more of the food actually goes into his mouth now, and we are much more focused. Instead of take a bite, look around, suck a thumb, play with the food; its now.. take a bite, stare at daddy with a look that says, 'hurry up with the next spoonful, I'm hungry'

While I was feeding him, I got to thinking... Who recommended that we feed toddlers prunes? Why not just add ex-lax as an ingredient in baby formula... It would kind of achieve the same result.

I've been listening to the news lately, and 2 recent topics of discussion have been the 'cash for clunkers' program and the $8000 credit for home buyers... Anytime I come across topics like this, the first thing I do, is find out who is most vocal in support of the proposals... For example, car dealers loved cash for clunkers.. and real estate agent are all for the home buyer credit.... Why?? Simple.. They stand to gain the most.

So, following this logic, I'm betting it isnt some pediatric association that first recommended prunes.. It had to be Pampers, Huggies, Kirkland etc... Makers of diapers!! Think about it, who stand to gain the most from babies constantly pooping...


Here's a photo of a happy Casey being fed. No, it aint prunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment